Designed by Veethemes.com

Brownie Recipe


Welcome to our first ever cookery lesson!  I shall leave you in the very capable hands of Mrs.Boss...

Hi friends of Emma, I thought I should introduce myself as i'll be posting here for a while. My name is Katie and I am Emma's twin sister; yes we are identical, yes we played tricks when we were younger, yes we are the same age and no we don't dress the same! 

Like her, I have two boys who are the centre of my universe and form the shapes of my life. I'm an overly qualified Fashion Promotion Lecturer and although I am adept at making clothes my time in industry was mostly in visual merchandising and display, meaning I am a dab hand with a drill and chop saw, so realistically, you're more likely to get makes from me that are decidedly woody rather than clothey, but I expect there will be the odd fabric creation popping up every now and again though. 

However, what i'll be posting most is recipes - obviously. I'm a fully trained Design Tech teacher and one time gluten free baker (it's good to have as many strings to your bow as possible I find) which stemmed from a personal passion to develop food that I could eat that I actually liked after being put on a diet by my doctor a couple of years ago to help the inevitable IBS that comes with working in a high stress industry. The food you'll find here you will hopefully find tasty but also reasonably easy to make and even easier to eat while being kind to your belly.

Which leads me onto the main event "Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie" (obviously this works just as well with normal flour - choose whichever makes you happiest). I thought long and hard as to which recipe I should share first, I wanted it to be something that represented my love for food, despite the restrictions, and that represents me as a person so I finally settled on the Brownie. It's classic, gooey, delicious, chocolatey and I make it at least twice a month, sometimes even weekly. It is a firm favourite with everyone, especially my youngest. The beauty about this recipe is that even if the bake goes wrong it will still taste delicious.

Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie

Oven 180 degrees C
Bake time 25 mins

Ingredients:

185g butter
185g dark chocolate
125g plain flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 eggs
275g soft sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of water.
Whilst that is melting, in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar together. I recommend mixing the sugar through with a fork before adding the eggs to get rid of any big sugary lumps. 

Once melted, add the egg mix to the chocolate mix.
Mix in the flour and bicarb. The mix is very runny so don't worry, this is where the gooiness comes from.


Line a shallow baking tin with grease proof paper and pour the mixture into the centre of the tin. Little Tip: if you scrunch the paper up, it's much easier to fit to the baking tray :)



Once all the mix is in the tin, use a spatula to spread the mixture out to the edges evenly.

Bake for apx 25 mins. You will know when it is done when it slightly firm to touch and has cracks running across the top.

Once it's cooled, divide up and eat.

Enjoy!

love Mrs. Boss

0 comments:

Post a Comment