Designed by Veethemes.com

Make It Better Social Club

I realised I hadn't given a proper introduction to things, so although (appropriately) this is an upcycled site, I thought I ought to give you some background and introduce everyone.

A little while ago I made a mini-video-survey asking all my fellow crochet fans on instagram, what little things they do in their daily lives, to help make their environment a happier, healthier place.  100 people contributed, with suggestions from using vinegar as fabric softner to making slippers from old jumpers, and I really wanted to find a way to share these everyday insights, with everyone else.

I think the point was just to take the pressure off the idea of Sustainability being this Big Thing, and understand how much people are already doing in ordinary, everyday ways.  Kinda to make us all feel a bit less like yurt-living-moon-bathers, and a bit more like it's normal to do this sort of shiz while you're managing the school run, booking dental appointments and trying to find something that the children will eat without crying (them, not you.  Although maybe you sometimes).  It's also a lunatic way of building a dataset, but hey.

Every person that contributed is represented by a tiny figure from the depths of our toy chest (don't.  I know that plastic is all over the place at the moment, as the worst thing that has ever happened to us, so if nothing else, let thisvbe a way of illustrating just how much it is a part of our live).  I've then shot them in miniature, in a little club meetings if you will, talking about their nifty makes, thrifty suggetions and evironmental passions.  I have tried to use their actual words, but have also taken utter liberties too.

So here's everyone, in their full plastic glory, and seeing as we kicked off the rebith of the social club with a beeswax wrap tutorial, here's everyon etalking about it too.








0 comments:

Post a Comment